Monday, August 16, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels





Who doesn't like Buffalo Chicken, Hmm? It's delicious! The perfect pairing of *zing*, creaminess, heat, and spices. It really is a perfect flavor combination.

I like to play around with it in several forms, because it never get's old. Buffalo chicken salad, pizza, pasta, dip.... aaaand roll-ups! My newest creation. Here I will walk you though the easy and quick recipe. Added bonus? It's low fat, low cal.




You will need:

~ 1 Package flour tortillas. (I used Mission Sun-dried Tomato Basil because I liked the color, but you can use whatever)

~ Hot sauce (I used Frank's. Mmmmm)

~ Chicken, finely chopped (I used a 9 oz package of Perdue Short Cuts because I was pressed for time, but you can use any type of chicken that you would like ... canned, shredded, or even sliced chicken deli-meat.)

~ Blue Cheese (I used a package of Laughing Cow Blue Cheese spread. Each wedge has aprox. 50 calories and I used two wedges per tortilla.)

To make these, all you do is lay out the tortilla and spread the creamy blue cheese all over it, toss on some finely diced chicken (Tip, I used my pizza cutter to get a nice mince!), and then dash on as much hot sauce as you think you'd like!

Roll them up starting at one end and just roll, roll, roll. Trim the ends off and then slice to desired thickness!

They are best served chilled but they can also sit out at room temp for a while and be perfectly delicious.

This recipe is a perfect example of a recipe you can play with. I've given you the basic 3 ingredients, but you can mix it up as much as you like. Examples: used a coating of blue cheese or ranch dressing instead of the Laughing Cow, sprinkle real blue cheese crumbs inside, add some shredded lettuce to give it added bulk, use different types/flavors of tortillas, etc.

Buffalo Chicken is such a great flavor combination, as long as you stick with the basics it will be had to mess this one up and people will gobble them down!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking that these were toasted/baked. You're right you can do anything though. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete